Organisation

Since 1938
The Frisian Maritime Museum Association (Vereniging Fries Scheepvaart Museum) was established in 1938. Its goal was to create a good bad-weather facility in Sneek for yachtsmen who had begun to find the way to Sneek and the Sneekermeer more and more easily. Since 1976 the museum has been run by the Frisian Maritime Museum Association. Subsidized by the province of Fryslân and the municipality of Sneek the museum was able to transform into a professional museum and knowledge institute. The association does not only support the museum with financial contributions, but also with all kinds of services carried out by its volunteers. The Museum de Fryske Winter Foundation is especially dedicated to the skating and ice sports collection.

Visiting address:

Kleinzand 16
8601 BH Sneek
T 0515 - 41 40 57

Opening hours:

Mon. till Sat. 10:00 - 17:00 hour
Sun. 12:00 - 17:00 hour
 

Postal address:

Postbus 186
8600 AD Sneek
E-Mail

Opening library:

Tues. till Fri. 10:00 - 12:30 hour
and 13:00 - 16:30 hour